Monday, March 3, 2014

The Hair Up There

My Hair Story


I have been a natural haired curly girl since July 30th of 2011. I transitioned for a year before cutting off my mid-back length hair. 

Actually I went natural in 2000 but there was not much information around about maintaining natural hair at that time.
There were even fewer products targeted towards natural hair other than hair gel.

 So, I cut off my mid back locks and sported my curly ear length stiff hair. It looked cute, but don't touch, you could've gotten cut. I gave up a few months later and relaxed my hair. 

I stayed relaxed for the next 10 years and then got the itch to try going natural again. I have many hair inspirations via YouTube.I follow Mahogany Curls, she is my hair crush!LOL!! No, really!
 
I have since been trying to find a regimen/routine that works for my lifestyle and personality. My hair is super thick, like two heads of hair on one head thick so finding the right products in the right amount is super tricky for me.

I have tried in vain not to be a product junky but there are so many things to try out there and since I am a mild shopaholic it is hard to not try them. 
As I try out products I will keep you up to date. I am on my hair journey and I would love to take it with you. Let me know what you do, maybe we can help each other!  
 current hair regimen:
Co-Wash : Treseme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
Deep Condition: Homemade Honey Conditioning Mixture (will share ingredients in a future post) or 
ORS Replenishing Pack and I add extra Olive oil and honey to it
Leave In: Giovanni Direct Leave In Weightless Moisture Conditioner
Eco Styler Gel: the blue one 
Air Dry. The next Day I will loosen the crunch with Vegetable Glycerine. 
This allows my hair to stay for a week.
or
Instead of Eco Styler I let the hair dry with just Giovanni in it. The next day I will apply Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie 









No comments:

Post a Comment